The key focus of customer relationship management software is to enhance the quality of the relationship between an organization and its customers, along with empowering sales and managing the workload of the sales team with efficiency and easiness. These techniques are improved through the storage and organization of customer data and in addition sales leads and marketing data.
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software helps you to carry out your day-to-day business tasks and activities (such as sales, HR, campaign management etc.) with its applications.
The CRM tools Implementation can be best understood as stage process. Starting from gathering the information of your customers and evaluating it for using that information to increase your sales, marketing and customer experience.
1. Sales Force Automation
Sales Force Automation (SFA) is a software tool that automates each and every task in the function of Sales. Right from order processing to order tracking, managing information, contact management, inventory management (monitoring and control), customer management, sales forecast analysis and employee performance evaluation. SFA is time-saving, improves performance and in turn revenues, and takes care of customer service resulting to repeat customers.
With this tool, you and your team can have instant access to order details. This way you are able to share a close connection of trust with the customer, guiding him to the status of the order's arrival. Any query made by the customer about his order can be answered by you in a matter of seconds because all the real-time information is available right in front of you.
2. Lead Management Lead management is the first step of acquiring the customer. Once this step is completed, leads(a list of strong potential buyers with some of their details) is passed on to the Sales department. In this way, lead management process acts as the bridge between two important departments, namely marketing and sales. This is the process in which your company engages for the very first time and interacts with your buyer at a stage where he is just a potential buyer. This process often becomes challenging when your leads are in the numbers of thousands, lakhs and more. Why will this tool work for your company? Well, for one it will keep your company focused on the tactics that work and bring in the right leads. Further, you can track leads effectively with this tool and you can clinch most of your winning deals. For example, you've launched toothpaste and it's getting very popular among the youths, like the college youths. You can then tailor-make your campaign focusing on the likes of college youths to engage them more effectively.
3. Opportunity Management The tool of Opportunity Management gives you the pearls of opportunities in sales. Pure leads are just basic information and that's meaningless unless it is filtered as per your company requirement. This analyzing and filtering job is done by this tool. It judges the leads and puts the qualified ones as an opportunity in the sales pipeline. Would you like to waste your time on meaningless and useless leads? Of course not! That's why this software is for you as your hundreds and thousands and even lakhs of leads are processed and filtered through this sophisticated mechanism so that you can focus on relevant information in a relaxed way. Thus in this way, this tool efficiently supports the sales automation tool function.
4. Contact Management This is much more than your Outlook's list of contacts. Over the years, sales management and contact management software have evolved as close-knit tools. It is vital in this age to have your contact information fully synchronized with your sales software. Here the behavior of your contacts is integrated with their names in the list, so you get a 360-degree view of his entire purchase history, likes, dislikes, preferences etc. This is a great guide in a go; it is like the social security in the U.S. On the press of a button, you get all the information on a certain customer to take the performance of your sales and customer service team many levels beyond. An example of this is if you are selling life insurances and you are calling to discuss a new plan with your customer, wouldn't you like to know all about that person before you start a discussion with him?
5. Task Management How do you ensure your sales rep is following the right path "step by step" in his sales process? You can simply spell the steps out, beforehand. Yes, absolutely. And here in this aspect of CRM, Task Management takes care of exactly this. It lists out these steps as "tasks" and keeps it as a ready reckoner available for your sales force to access it anytime they need it. For example, there could be a common folder that gives access to every sales person to the rules as well the best practices of each sales stage clearly defined.
6. Sales Forecasting In your highly comprehensive and integrated CRM software, you can easily predict (to a high degree of accuracy) the future sales of your product. Since you have a robust infrastructure in terms of lead management, you can easily come to near accurate ballpark figures of your product's future sales and create necessary marketing and business plans according to that. For example: If you are in the book business, your pre-orders and your sales inquiries are going to be extremely important to you. Publishing costs are high per single copy. Hence, one has to keep the campaign running judiciously strictly as per your sales pipeline.
7. Campaign Management Wouldn't it be great to run your marketing campaign from your CRM system? When all your customer information is inside the storehouse of your CRM tool, why not launch your campaign from there itself? You can do it effortlessly. Campaign Management is now available as part of the CRM solutions and you can launch and track the success of the campaign right from your CRM software. For example: If you are running an online ad on Facebook for your contact lenses, and you are using all the customer intelligence info from your CRM to target your campaign to the right audience. If during the tracking of your campaign that a new type of lens is getting more popular within your customers, you can create a new campaign just focusing on that lens that people seem to be like more and ordering more. You can even set your campaign on automated Drip mode. Your campaigns are 100% traceable and measurable and you can evaluate your campaign for your every single cent spent.
8. Invoice Management This tool is going to save you from a future headache. Managing invoices is the most boring and monotonous part of being in business. With your CRM software, you can now raise bills and invoices automatically. Once your order is finalized, the software will generate your invoice as per the quotation. Your invoice management can be automated by your CRM system end-to-end. You can even set alerts and reminders for your invoice due dates.
9. Social CRM With the advent of social media, this is a new feature added to the CRM tool. This tool enables you to manage your social media interaction with your customers. Banking and finance have a lot of consumer data and profiling to deal with. One such institution is Wells Fargo that is serving more than 70 million individuals, and managing their databases. Acknowledging the fact that many of its customers are using multiple banks, they decided to go the extra mile to build their connection with their customers and started using Social CRM. This worked wonderfully for them as all of their filtered leads got instantly serviced through the CRM and turned into their happy customers. So much so that the head of Wells Fargo Wholesale Service Group was quoted saying that they see cloud as the future to help businesses connect to their customers around the world, not just to the services but to even build products and make for risk management strategies.
10. CRM & Sales Reports You can build numerous reports with CRM and have the perfect overview of your company's performance. In a click of a button, you can view reports as summaries, tables, matrix and even in different visual charts as per your needs. There are multiple layout options in your CRM software. You can also customize your dashboard to keep monitoring your important graphs. Not only that, you can also share these reports with your teammates, in only a few clicks by turning the visual into a PDF, XLS or CSV attachment.
11. Mobile Edition Here the power of CRM gets manifested with the sheer brilliance of mobility. You can access your CRM on your mobile, with or without connectivity, wherever you go and whenever you want. You can configure your mobility device (Smartphone or tablet) to be able to view the most important information at all times on your customized dashboard. Mobile customers work faster, generating searches, reports, action et al...much faster than other peers. The swiftest way to manage your team is to use the mobile edition of CRM solution and make way for more brilliance.
12. Cloud / On-Demand (SaaS) CRM now uses the cloud-hosted delivery method vis-à-vis the traditional "on-premise installation". SaaS technology allows hosted delivery or cloud computing and lets businesses gain a rented "anytime anywhere" access to their CRM systems. Most business leaders are going for cloud computing and the shift in CRM management has been an organic one. The prime benefit of the SaaS model is that it charges the business on the basis of usage. Other than this benefit, there are faster implementations with contract lock-ins, improved uptime, 24/7 support and increased return on investment.